Sunday, November 15, 2009

I can't sleep

I love to sleep. But not only do I love to sleep, I need to sleep. Ideally I get 8-9 hours of sleep per night. I am not one of those people who can function on 4-5 hours of sleep a night nor do I wish I were. I am next to useless when I don't get enough sleep...there are many people in my life who can vouch for that. I am also pretty blessed because I usually don't have a problem falling asleep. It literally usually takes mere minutes for me to fall into a deep sleep once my head hits my pillow. It's a gift.

However, there are those occasional nights when I just can't sleep (these happen more often now that I have a legit job with pretty major responsibilities). My mind is overwhelmed with many thoughts of what I need to do tomorrow, how my surgery is going to go this week (oh yeah, I'm getting surgery this week), how the food drive is going to go on the weekend, etc. Plus, the more time that goes by, the less sleep I know I am going to get, and the more worried I am about my level of competence the next day. So I lay here, not sleeping, but rather writing this blog. I have heard that it helps to write things down when you have a lot of things on your mind. So here it is:

  • I need to fit five days of work into three this week.
  • I am going for reconstructive nose surgery on Thursday to fix my crooked septum so I can breathe easier. Prayers are appreciated :)
  • I have what feels like a million things to do before this surgery.
  • I'm not gonna lie, I am somewhat concerned about how my nose will look once the surgery is done.
  • I have been helping plan a food drive for the Abbotsford Food Bank at UFV for their home opening games this weekend...we are trying to help "Feed Abbotsford." Please drop off donations if you are around! The food bank is low on food this year!!
  • We have been trying to get door prize donations for the food drive and it has not been very successful, if you know anyone who would be interested in donating a last minute door prize, that would be much appreciated!
  • I want to be a writer but I am inspired at such inopportune times that I never actually get to write.
  • I am itching for excitement. An adventure. Something that will stir my heart.
  • Jesus says, do not worry about tomorrow. Okay Lord, I'll try.
Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. I love you. What you are doing with UFV is INCREDIBLE and I am SO proud of you! I am SO glad your heart is stirring for ADVENTURE! That is a prompting form the Lord, you can be sure of that. Keep seeking Him out on what that means and what the adventure will look like...Only HE is crazy enough to lead us!! :) I am SO excited to watch you as you find that journey to whoknowswhere?! You ARE a writer. Just keep writing and pretty soon your creative juices and inspiration will be overflowing. You won't be able to stop...you will pray that it would so you could concentrate!! LOL! I am praying for you always, particularly for Thursday. You are beautiful and SAFE in God's precious and perfect care. I love you

    ReplyDelete