Sunday, October 4, 2009

A different kind of broken...

So I played in our annual University/College of the Fraser Valley Alumni game this past weekend. I have played a little bit of basketball lately, but would not consider myself in shape by any stretch of the imagination. We ended up losing by six...pretty respectable considering the fitness level on our team as a whole was quite similar to mine (with a few exceptions). We kept the shifts to 3 minutes or less and did not even attempt full court defense. I always pray going into these types of things for no injuries...diving into playing competitive basketball against a bunch of girls who the last thing they want to do is lose to the alumni team is just asking for an injury. Everyone escaped injury free except my poor nose. Here are a few before and after shots...

Here I am, excited to play...


Ready to play...


After the elbow connected directly with the bridge of my nose. Instant blood, instant bruise & instant headache...



I have played basketball for over 15 years and not once have I gotten an elbow to my nose, but of course, in the most meaningless of games, it happens. I don't know if it is broken or not. It's not crooked, so that's good, but it's definitely swollen and black and blue. The ironic thing is that I am actually on the waiting list for nose surgery to repair my crooked septum that I have had forever...maybe this will get me in sooner? :) Oh well...it was super fun and so great to see so many alumni girls out!

PS: I don't know why there are underlines in this post...they just showed up and I don't know how to get rid of them. I'm not a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment